Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Those swearing words

Last weekend, I got a text from an old friend, a friend in my college. She asked me to go out with her to the mall. "I'd like to buy sport shoes. would u accompany me?" she said. Since I didn't have any plans that day, i accepted her invitation. Actually, i was wondering what made her impulsively ask me to go out while we had met just a week before. Anyway, I didn't think much of her invitation.

We ended up browsing for sport shoes, having lunch, and watching movie together. During lunch she told me that one of her subordinates wrote something bad about her in fb status. I asked her how it happened. My friend told me she reprimanded her subordinate for her carelessness. This person couldn't accept that. Even though actually it was indeed her mistake. This person spilled out her grudge by swearing very improper statements through fb status. I asked my friend whether her words were sharp when reprimanding this person. My friend said she said things in a very controlled emotion with controlled words and did not touch personal matters. She told me every single word she said which I think normal for a boss to reprimand her subordinate. My friend knew this person couldn't take it since she was crying after that and threatened to quit. My friend never thought that she would vent her anger through fb with those kinds of words.
Me, with my curiosity, still couldn't get how bad the words are until my friend showed me the saved note from her BB. I couldn't recall the complete status. What stuck in my head was these words:
"....dasar perempuan mandul! gue sumpahin seumur hidup gak bakal dapet keturunan...."
and of course the status was open for everybody including all the people around her office plus the branches...
I wasn't the one getting the attack...still, I gasped in disbelief...
My friend was crying while I was reading the status and comments (which, of course, worsened the situation).
This case is, of course, not the first case and may not be the last case when people venting their true thoughts, feelings, hatred, love, etc through this social network.
But I do not want to discuss about facebook, for sure. It's the status....the statements. If I were my friend, I would completely shiver reading the status and comments. It was just so bad...
I think nobody...not one...has the right to judge anybody 'mandul'... It's God thing, as far as I know.
Do you think if u can have children, then automatically u are considered successful in your marriage? having a perfect marriage?
I've seen parents who feel really proud of their children while at the same time they are treating those kids like properties. They make decisions without thinking about the effect for their kids. They can always say "My kids are fine. They are doing fine!"
I don't think that people who haven't got kids cannot play the role of parents, as well as people who have kids can be true parents.
Well, God knows...

0 comments: