Wednesday, October 5, 2011

I (finally) went to Europe

After being delayed one year from the original plan, my friend and I decided to take the west Europe tour without London this late summer. We just had to leave London behind at the moment, otherwise we couldnt go there this year. And I myself were tired of delaying this plan again and again.
We were supposed to start in Rome, but the schedule was changed due to flight availability. We started in Venice then to Rome. Just like all the tourists visiting Venice, we took gondola through the canals. It was nice. The weather was nice too. A nice afternoon to enjoy the gondola ride. The next day we went to Rome. First in Rome, we went into Saint Peter Basilica church in Vatican. It was amazing. All the details and area were historical. Actually, Rome is like museum in a form of a city. I really hate I couldnt spend much time there since we had to catch up visiting Pisa tower in the afternoon. We couldnt even get inside Coloseum. Urrgh... Only taking photos from distance.
The next day, we went to Milan before going to Switzerland.
In Switzerland, i saw and touched the snow for the first time. This country has a very beautiful scenery with all the unique houses and buildings, just like in children stories and old movies. So peaceful and free from pollution. We spent two nights there before heading for Paris.
In Paris, we had a city tour and (of course) shopping. Unfortunately, visiting Louvre is not included in the agenda. We could only see the outside part of the museum. As we took the city tour, I remember some parts of Dan Brown's novel, Da Vinci Code. After lunch we were given time to go shopping. It's hard to believe to see many people (mostly Asian) queuing in Louis Vuiton gallery. What for? Of course to buy those expensive LV bags. They lined up there as if they were about to get free meals :) Before evening we made time to go through Seine River to view the city from the boat. Eiffel tower is amazing at night, with all the lights and clear sky as background.
(to be continued)
Sent from my Android