Lately, I have been exposed by a friend's stories, about people around her. She can talk for hours when venting what she has in mind about those people. Apparently, the things she talks are more on her dissatisfaction about them. And apparently, I know some of them. Though I disagree to some parts of her stories, I have been trying to be a good listener by refraining myself from venting my disagreement. Maybe she just needs someone to listen to her right now. She is a nice person, actually. Only lately, maybe, she's not in the right state to be nice...I guess.
Sometimes, if She starts to become judgemental or cynical (or even bitter), I would cut in to stop her. However, I never thought that her 'stories' will go far... so far that she even evaluates people who do not have anything to do with her, but have things to do with me.
As far as i remember, i never asked for her opinion about these people under my responsibility. And honestly, i don't understand why she would like to talk about these people and judge them this and that. What is it with her?
I've tried to 'softly' remind her that it's not her domain to evaluate these people. She sometimes starts to be aware when my speech tone raised.
I am wondering what is actually happening to her. Coz one person she has been dissatisfied about (and apparently someone i know) came to me and told me that she's been treating her not nicely and her mood is not as usual.
Though I start to feel irritated by her being nosy, I hope she will get back to normal soon.
Early sunshine at Sunflower hill
Monday, November 23, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Design by Gisele Jaquenod
4 comments:
She sounded so unhappy....
you're right, jeng.
And apparently, it is not easy to be a good listener when you are exposed to negative thoughts of the speaker
have you ever tried reverse psychology? do the same to her. complain n judge people in front of her. maybe she will change.
anw,...if u need an idea of someone to talk to, daff would be the right person. LOL
reverse psychology? baru denger tuh...gue pikir kaset doangan...wkwkwk
Daff tempat curhat? oke deh...selama doi gak pasang tarip...hahahaaaa
Post a Comment